Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's that time of year



Yes it's that time of year here in Canada. NHL hockey playoffs. That is where pretty much every night there is a hockey game on TV. I know there are alot of marriages that have trouble during this time, but as long as it is kept in perspective it usually works out. I know my wife enjoys watching the Canuck games with me so I hope they go all the way so that we can enjoy that together.

Ok so how will the games work out. You never know and usually lots of surprises, that is why they play the games --- Upsets!!

Ok my predictions.

series #1 Western Conference
San Jose #1 vs Anaheim #8

I take the Sharks from San Jose. Just too much power there and they have played well all year.

series #2 Western Conference
Detroit #2 vs Columbus #7
I pick Detroit in this one. lots of experience and Columbus with not much experience .

Series #3 Western Conference
Vancouver #3 vs St. Louis #6
Well Have to take the Canucks from Vancouver as they are my team and I have to pick them to win at least the first round.

Series #4 Western Conference
Chicago #4 vs Calgary #5
Well now this is my upset. I pick the black hawks even tho they are ranked higher than Calgary, Calgary free fell down to 5th the last 2 weeks of the season.


Series #1 Eastern Conference
Boston #1 vs Montreal #8
The traditional match up come playoff time. Lots of history in these rivals. But Montreal is not the team it use to be. Boston wins this time

Series #2 Eastern Conference
Washington #2 vs New York Rangers #7
Again in this season just too much offensive power in Washington . The Capitals will win this one. Watch Ovetchkin do a lot of scoring.

Series #3 Eastern Conference
New Jersey #3 vs Carolina #6
Well I pick the upset in this one. Carolina made a coaching change a few months ago and have played awesome since. take the Huricanes from Carolina.

Series #4 Eastern Conference
Pittsburgh #4 vs Philadephia #5
This one is a toss up. Im going to go out on a limb and pick Philadephia because I think they are just hungrier for the wins than the penguins.


Ok there they are. What do you think? Am I right or wrong? leave a comment and tell me who you think will win these first series.

Till next time







No comments: