Friday, October 7, 2011

The 5 min job

Well as you know we have our wood splitting work party this Saturday.  And I reserved to rent a wood splitter from the local rental shop. 

I enquired as to what size ball I needed for the wood splitter and was told you need a 2 " ball.  I looked at my truck and it was a 1 7/8" ball.  So I bought a new 2" ball.   


So unscrew the old ball , put on the new ball, 5 min job right.
Wrong.

I went to use my wrench on the ball but the lip of the bumper on both sides didn't allow me to get it off that way.
So I didn't have a socket big enough to fit that so had to drive to a friends house. 

   We used the socket got the ball off and went to put the new one in , and guess what.   the shaft of the 2" ball was bigger than the hole on the bumper.   GRRRRRRRRrr

So now to track down a ball with a smaller shaft, take the other one back, then back to my friends to use his socket again.   

The time was just under 2 hrs for a 5 min job.   Don't you just love those simple jobs.

Ok well tomorrow we dig in and work together to get the wood all stacked and moved to the new wood shed.   Hint Hint.
come on by.   remember pizza for lunch.

ok till next time  

No comments: